All Israel

Iran pressuring Hezbollah to join any potential war with Israel – report

Islamic Republic disappointed over Hezbollah's failure to participate in 12-day war last year

 
Supporters of Hezbollah and other Lebanese political parties gather during a protest condemning recent Israeli military actions in Lebanon and call on the international community to intervene as tensions escalate along the southern border, outside the headquarters of the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, in Beirut, Lebanon, February 4, 2026. (Photo: Fadel Itani/NurPhoto via Reuters)

Iran is pressuring Hezbollah to enter into any future conflict with Israel, according to a Ynet News report.

The report said Israeli officials believe the Islamic Republic is urging Hezbollah – its most powerful proxy – to be prepared to join coordinated action against Israel should war break out between the two countries, amid escalating regional tensions.

Ynet did not cite specific sources for its claim but said Israel’s security agencies are closely monitoring developments and have “delivered very clear warnings to Hezbollah that if it chooses to intervene, the blow this time will be extremely painful.” 

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi's recent visit to Lebanon was partially to ensure Hezbollah’s participation, Ynet reported. Considering reports that Araghchi and some of the diplomats accompanying him also brought cash for the terror proxy, this suggests that Iran expects the Shiite group to repay the investment.

Ynet reported that Iranian officials were deeply disappointed that Hezbollah did not partake in the 12-day Israel-Iran War last June. 

The IDF has reportedly prepared “a significant strike against Hezbollah,” following renewed efforts by the terror group to rehabilitate its military capabilities in southern Lebanon and other areas that were destroyed during Israeli operations in 2024. 

In recent months, Israeli airstrikes have targeted Hezbollah operatives and weapons sites. The strikes have been framed as responses to alleged violations of the Lebanon ceasefire agreement, while also seeking to weaken the Shiite militia ahead of any potential conflict between Israel and Iran. In particular, they have aimed to prevent Hezbollah from rebuilding its rocket, missile and command infrastructure.

Security analysts have warned that a future conflict could be more intense and more destructive than previous rounds of fighting between Israel and Iran, especially if Hezbollah participates. 

Ynet also reported that Israel is preparing for a scenario in which several Iranian-backed proxies could enter the conflict to aid the Islamic Republic, which was also a concern during the June 2025 conflict. 

The IDF carried out additional strikes against Hezbollah infrastructure in a number of areas in southern Lebanon overnight on Wednesday. Among the targets were weapons storage facilities, missile launchers, and military sites utilized by Hezbollah to prepare terror attacks against the IDF and the State of Israel, the IDF said in a statement. 

The military said the strikes were “in response to Hezbollah’s repeated violations of the ceasefire understanding.” 

“The IDF will continue to operate to remove any threat against the State of Israel,” the military said. 

On Thursday, the Lebanese news outlet Naharnet reported intensive political and security contacts between Hezbollah and the Lebanese government, led by Speaker Nabih Berri, in an attempt to keep the Shia proxy group from joining Iran should war break out.

The All Israel News Staff is a team of journalists in Israel.

Popular Articles
All Israel
Receive latest news & updates
    Latest Stories